Thursday, May 27, 2010

Safari orphans kenya

I woke up this morning, first thought , i need breakfast. Toast and butter makes my day before going for a bike ride. My cell phone rings, i checked the number before answering oops it's my friend Petra from Germany. Her flight has been canceled. Petra is an outreach worker from Colon Germany she's been in Kenya for 7months. My cell phone rings again it's Julie from UK ready for the bike ride to the National Park?. Can't answer that. Sounds fun but it ain't. What about the three year old Rachel, Mwangi, Kinuthia and other orphans. Sad faces of why me. Aids victims not their faults but whose. Sleeping on the streets of Nakuru, Nairobi and other urban areas. They ain't lucky to find an orphanage but still have hopes which diminishes every bloody day.
What can we do as society to help? Please do not count the Kenyan government they look the other way.
The older they get with no education, they are on a Safari looking for survival but wait, they are sick the older they get the tired and sicker they become and finally the end not even a statistic who cares. not able to get the treatment and care they needed. I'm a nurse by profession and what would be my legacy? just another nurse who works hard for the money. OK, move on. we just bought a land and we are in the process of setting a home for the left out orphans in Nakuru. Julie is out waiting for me see ya!

No comments: